Thursday, February 14, 2008

Not Again...

Russell gave us another scare on Saturday. He was playing at his friends house and decided to climb the orange tree in their backyard (and like I said in my last post, he loved to climb). They were picking oranges to make juice. Well when he reached for what he thought was "a good one" the branch he was holding on to broke...and down he went...right on his head. He fell a good 12-15 feet. When I went to go pick him up I could definitely tell things weren't right. So, I took him into the urgent care. From there they transported us to Maricopa Medical Center via ambulance. They took him there because they have a trauma unit and when a child falls from over twice their height, it's considered a trauma 1. Anyways, so after they cut his clothes off, took chest x-rays, CT scans...we find that he has a concussion and some pretty nice scrapes and bruises. I'm so grateful that's all it was. And Russell has promised to keep his feet on the ground for the next few days at least.

12 comments:

Charlene said...

I'm SO GLAD he is ok! I know that is one nightmare you guys don't want to ever go through again.

We love you guys!

Shannon said...

Oh scary! Im glad he is doing ok! That must have been really scary for you guys.

Nilda Noel said...

Scary! I'm so glad it turned out ok. That is a big fall. I hope he does keep his feet on the ground, at least for a little while.

Jennifer said...

how scary. Glad everything is okay.

heidi said...

oh trish, how scarry, I'm so sorry. well at least you know for a few days he'll be safe, via his promise.

makes me worry for when Preston is older, Sam was a wild man & in the hospital a lot

Anonymous said...

BOYS!!! What are we to do with them!! I'm so glad he is doing okay - he'll be doing good to keep his feet on the ground for 5 days - it may just kill him, but then he'll be right back to climbing! Yikes. Love you guys!

Shayla said...

Oh so scary!!! What a daredevil he is! Ambulance rides are the worst, we've been twice with Hunter! Glad he is okay!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jana said...

So grateful everything is ok!

Brad had so much fun on his mini-visit with you guys. He keeps talking about the need for a longer stay (with both of us there). He really loved seeing you all!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that is so scary, glad he ended up being ok, poor little guy, and poor you, you have had enough scares with him and falling on his head.

Anonymous said...

Give Russell a big hug from me! And one to you too, although I'm sure your heart has resumed normal rhythm by now.

Laura said...

I am glad everything is ok with Russell. (comment on last blog- how did Janey do with the shots- it took 3 nurses to hold Noah down. But, he is registered for Kindergarten too. It's crazy how fast time flies!) we are glad your family is safe now!!