Monday, August 20, 2007

California

This last week we went to California. We have some friends over there in Corona that set up several jobs for Chad. He worked almost the whole time, but the kids & I had fun! On Thursday Vicki & I took the kids to Newport Beach. Parker didn't like the sand or the water. If I put him on the blanket he did okay. (He held his leg up, so it wouldn't touch the sand. What a goof.)

Janey enjoyed playing in the sand and a little bit of water. But Russell, he was so brave. He took a kick board out there and was having a good ol' time in the waves. I was trying really hard not to be an overprotective mom and let him just try things out, but it was scary for me letting him go so far out there. He had such a great time! He loves the ocean.


We stayed with Blaine & Vicki until Saturday. Thanks you guys for opening your home to us. You always make us feel at home! Then Saturday afternoon we went to Bakersfield to see Chad's sister Heidi and her family. They have a new baby, Preston, and he is so sweet! Janey, adored him.

We went to the park and played while Chad cleaned their carpet. There's a pretty bad fire down in the Santa Barbara area and all the smoke made the sky so orange. That's why the park pictures have a weird tint.

Sunday, was the long trip home, 8 hours. The kids really did pretty well, considering none of them would sleep...Ugh! I don't know what it is with them, not even Parker will sleep. Thank goodness for portable DVD players.

5 comments:

Kim said...

I love our DVD player, it saves us all the time! I'm glad you had fun. Becasue we don't live close to the beach it is such a novelty to go. That makes the memories there even sweeter!

Ryan and Ann Cook said...

That looks like it was so much fun! I am glad you were able to go. I wish I could be at the beach right now!

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! I love Janey's HAT!! Its so fab :o) Jealous I couldn't see Sam & Heidi's new little Preston... at least Janey got to hold him enough for the both of us. Love you guys!

heidi said...

how did i miss this post untill now. i love all the pics. so cute!

heidi said...

oh, and thanks for coming to visit, we loved it. thanks for everything you guys did too much. love you all lots